Jon Stewart’s “List of Things I Don’t Understand About France”
- Why do all your elderly middle-aged bureaucrats have really hot spouses or girlfriends?
- Why are all your skunks so date rapey?
- Why, when you buy a baguette, do you only get half a bag to put it in? I mean, bag is in the name.
- Why do you put your most hunchbacked people in charge of ringing your heaviest bells?
- Do you really think your kid should be drinking wine?
- Why do you have so much trouble walking against the wind? How windy does it get there?
- Gérard Depardieu.
“I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says “Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.” ― Lewis Carroll, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass